2/22/11

I'm just like you...only prettier

Either the day wasn't working with me, or I wasn't working with the day. I should have just stayed in bed. I felt like I was dancing backwards in high heels, and it wasn't even noon yet. I didn't understand why people didn't like me. There were only a certain few. A couple people said it was because I got male attention that they didn't, others said it's because I had the world in front of me, and, well, they didn't.

"Face it," Lissa said one day, "You're cute, skinny, and your personality is just magnetic. You were able to get out of your town and start life somewhere new. To them, you have it made. Not only that, you're going to get out of this crummy store. They're never going to be able to. You're educated. You shouldn't let this get to you."

Like I said, I didn't...for the most part. Yet it was intruiging to me. I know I'm not going to be liked by everyone, and that's not my goal in life. I just wasn't used to not being liked by everyone.

So what had happened to make the morning so bad? Well. For starters, who enjoys getting up at 6 in the morning? No one. Who enjoys sleeping so poorly they woke up every hour in anticipation of that 6:00 hour? No one. Not only did I experience all of those last night...I also shaved part of my eyebrow off this morning.

I'm not kidding.

My brothers and I always joked about how Jay's eyebrows dissappeared in the summer because they turned so blond, it looked as if he had none. He always had to use his fingers for emotions. That's what first sprung to my mind. I don't know how it happened, just that I was half asleep in the shower, dropped the razor from above my head, and caught it with my eyebrow. Seriously. It was a close shave, too. I mean literally, a whole spot, just gone. It's not so bad that I couldn't get to a salon & have them waxed even...so I set out trying to find a salon that was open at 8:00 in the morning.

Guess what?

There isn't one. So, I did the next best thing. I bought an eyebrow pencil and took it to work to try to fix it. Luckily Gem was there to help me out with it. I had never colored my eyebrow in before, I didn't know how to blend it and curve it and whatever the hell you do with it. Hence, where the people who do not like me come in. There was a chick who took a picture of her doing it, even though she didn't know what was going on, to send to her best friend who dislikes me.

I'm sorry, but what? What are you going to do? Make fun of me for having someone else do my makeup? I'm confused. Not only confused, but a little amused that you're taking pleasure in what I think is funny as well. Yes--I stressed about it for a little bit, but even as it happened I had to laugh! If appearances mean that much to you, and you're so concerned with how I look, you might want to gauge how I'm reacting to the situation before you go around making a big deal out of something. I've already proven that I'm not going to let you girls get to me. I graduated high school, and you're both grown women with children. You might want to get over it-- just a thought.

You might be mexican and grew up in the streets of Austin, but I grew up in Flint. I think that's worse. As Erynn would say: Hold my hoops!

Oh, bless their hearts...they actually think they're going to bother me one day.