9/4/11

Compromise

My last post I talked about time-outs.  It seems that doing so is necessary again.  Not talking about them, but actually doing it.  Boyfriend is in a funk, one that is seemingly caused by me.  I'm a fixer, I want to fix this said funk, but I can't.  Only he can.  He has to get over his issues and I need to understand why these issues are here.  It all seemed to have started because of this badass internship I have.  I've only been there three days, and it seems he and I have 'had words' about it more times than I can count.
His view: I'm acting younger.  I'm excited about it and acting like a 13 year old girl.  I'm naive and going to put myself into a situation I shouldn't be in, and because I'm being naive I won't realize it.

These were (except for the putting myself into a situation) all things my ex boyfriend had said, as well.  Except he also threw in that I was immature because I liked bright colors (I mean...what?!).  I'm 23 now, and I'm looking at it from his point of view.  I'm not as naive as he thinks I am, but I don't know how to prove that to him.  He's happy, but not acting like his normal self which is freaking me out.  There isn't anything wrong with that, but I feel like a lost little puppy. 

This is how I know we need another time-out.  However, I'm not going to listen to myself.  'Oh, what was that, Kristen??  You feel like you two need to do an activity together so you can prove to him that you're not going anywhere and he needn't worry?  Yea--that's a great idea.  It's only going to bum you out that he doesn't want to hold your hand or kiss you or put his arm around you.  Sounds like a banner idea--let's do it!' I can just see the fail happening now.  I've been more emotional and shown more weakness around him in the past two weeks than I ever have, and the only other time I was this frustrated with him where I felt like I just needed to go away was during Rot Rally.  I actually thought about leaving last night and going for a run or somethign to just get away-but that's what immature people do.  They run away.  I stayed.  I fought.  We compromised. 

Yet I still need a time-out.