5/28/09

and running, running*

I burned my back today. My day off, and I burned my back laying outside reading a book (which I finished in one day). Awesome. I guess it's a good deal that I sleep on my stomache so my back won't get irritated. In a couple of days I will look like the Copper Tone Girl. Awesome.

I took my Enbrel shot out of the freezer today to thaw it out so I can take it in a couple of days. I'm not sure...but I think it was frozen solid. I put it in the fridge hoping it will thaw, if not just warm up a bit. I'll take it in a couple days (I'm shooting for either Friday or Saturday).

I went for a run tonight to get my mind off of things. Money, school, and the thing that's been on my mind a lot today: missing my best friends. I don't know what I would do without them. This is a thank you to them, for supporting me since they've known me.

One, for eight years now. Thank you for being there when I couldn't walk and was going through the hardest time of my life. Thank you for letting me go, and letting me grow here in Texas. I hope you do the same in Chicago, and I am so excited for you to begin that. I think I'm more excited than you are...because a part of you believes it won't happen. I promise you--it will. We'll figure it out one way or another. Just because I'm in Texas does not mean I will let you falter. You're my best friend, you're my boy. You can count on me.

The other only knew me for a month, if that, before I left. She and I have become so close in such a short amount of time I'm very upset I did not meet her sooner, especially since she hung out with many many people that I knew from high school. Thank you for supporting me in the hard times that have fallen upon my path since you've known me. You always make me smile and it helps that we're so in tune with what the other wants/needs that we mise as well be lesbian lovers ;).

I can not wait until ya'll are down here for the little time you can be and have fun. It'll be a blast.

The run cleared up many things for me, though. It felt so good to be doing something that four months ago I wasn't able to. I will never ever take running for granted, and even if I go out for fifteen minutes, or an hour, I always come back with a smile on my face. No one understands how exhilerating it is to feel the wind on your face, to push yourself further, and to feel completely exhausted after a run. A lot of people would, and do, hate it--but to me it's corny, but it's a blessing.

Thank you, Dr. Sobotka, for letting me be able to run again. Thank you for letting me be able to travel down to Austin, Texas for the summer and not have knee issues. Last year when I visited Austin for just two weeks, my knee, which was doing really well, decided it couldn't take the heat and swelled up causing me pain every night when I had to entertain a ten year old girl and her best friend during a sleep over. I couldn't play, couldn't swim. I couldn't even walk the dogs.

Maybe all of you should go out for a run. Just because you can.
It's a joy many people don't have anymore :)